next project

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aramco

Established Member
Reaction score
Just found this pattern and asked my mate in Australia if his daughter would like this, he seems to think she might, so I will start getting stuff together and see how it goes.The whiskers could be a problem if they are they will be getting let out, unless anyone has any bright ideas??. I have checked the sea mail rates and it is no where as bad as I expected, if it is too heavy / expensive when I get it done I will probably keep it for my wife.

John

pain is the best attention getter

Attachments

• Capture cat intarsia (Large).JPG
    Capture cat intarsia (Large).JPG
    127.5 KB · Views: 1,751
thanks for those suggestions . got all the body parts cut out tonight and started to assemble will leave the head till last.

John

pain is the best attention getter

Maybe showing my age but as a child of the seventies I remember being fascinated by fibre optic lamps that had strands not unlike those whiskers that glowed all the colours of the rainbow at the tips when the light was on.

Feeling a whole lot younger having read the comment about catgut - must have been a while since someone bought fishing line!

hi I have done my level best over the last few days to try and up load the pictures of the cat in progress, even resized the picture to 100 x 100 pixels and it still will not have it so I give up.

When it is finished I will endever to persevere - said chief dan george from the film Josie wales - and put it on then.

John

hi again this is the finished project minus whiskers as i did not think they would travel very well, and ideas how to get ore shine on the corian please I was going to use car polish

thanks
John[
IMG_0188 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).JPG

Attachments

• IMG_0188 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).JPG
    IMG_0188 (Custom) (Custom) (Custom) (Custom).JPG
    26.8 KB · Views: 1,029
thanks Brian it has to travel by sea to Australia so I think whiskers might be a big ask to stay put, just watched a video on you tube about restoring corian after it has been deeply scratched pretty brutal but got the job done, I learned a lot and wet and dry sand paper can remove a heck of a lot of marks , just got a request for a dragonfly would like to scroll it as opposed to intarsia as it again is going to Australia any suggestions welcome please something real fancy would be nice.

thanks
John

hi Brian I did some research and found that sea mail wasnt so bad postage wise,£16 for 2 kilos door to doorb but will have to get an accurate reading from the post office sales for exact weight the at weighs in at about 1100 grams .On another subject I think I have come down on the axminster scroll saw for my next one , it was the head swinging for the angles rather than the table, I know you have two which do you prefare .

thanks
John

hi Brian I checked out the ex 30 for sale on this site and it is collection only and I do not drive anymore so that's out, I have been given the go ahead from the boss to buy another scroll saw that's why I was asking tally ho off we go and get one still not quite sure i will have the work for the ex30 but I would be very upset if I did and has not bought one.
it appears to be cheaper to send stuff to Aussie than Ireland but it is sea mail and it takes about 6 weeks to get there.

thanks
John

like your cat it looks good but you should check with customs about sending wood to Australia they have very strict laws about importing wood a pall of mine had friends over and they said they could not take wooden things back with them as customs wood take them
would not like you dun for smuggling

hi Brian these life sized animals etc you do, have you patterns or do you make them up as you go ?? ie blow the picture up and go from there.

thank
John

hi Brian I should have replied yesterday but my new saw came what a beast, got it set up and spent most of the day and through till 10 pm last night playing ,cannot get over how good this machine is compared to the record power ,I must admit I am struggling with getting the blades put in especially the number ones but that will sort its self out in time,I can foresee many many happy hours on this machine I now have a slight problem what do I do with the record power one, nice problem to have I think. I have obtained a pattern of cathy wises herd of wild horse so that's going to be one of my projects but it is for myself.

Adobe is out for me at the moment but I do have a copy of inkscape that I am messing about with, I am reasonably good at most things but a free hand artist is not one of them I am rubbish.

I did check up with the aussie customs and as long as there are no holes - worms I guess - and no bark on it appears to be ok as long as you declare on the custom form form what's in the parcel , so plywood looks to be ok as well .I got the cat finished and did a sue mei dragonfly in Plywood and both are going to aussie I will let you all know what happens to them and what it costs to send them maybe cheaper than sending them to Ireland lol .

John

Latest posts

Back