Brill saw-bench box jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arnold9801

Established Member
Reaction score
I understand what's good for one may not be good for the other, but I do a lot of box jointing and have been doing mine on my router table and am not really that impressed with the results.

I find a number of slight issues in routing box joints. When you add them up they can have quite a negative impact on the finished job. Ie...poor fit/gaps, lot of break out etc.

I also find it quite difficult to clamp the wood on my router jig slay so it slightly moves every time the router engages with the wood. Furthermore, this type of routing blunts and wears the router cutters rapidly.

At long last I've located a brilliant you tube video on making a box joint jig for a saw bench. I know there's loads of them on the internet, but they are nearly all for those that have a "wobble blade " which is not suitable for most of us in the UK.

This one, although he's American is for a normal saw bench blade! You can make a jig to cut finger joints at any width as well. Best of all its easy to make and the accuracy in its finger joints is superb. I should add that they take no time at all to make. It enables you to cut the two pieces together as well which really speeds it up!

I'm not very good sending pics/photos on the forum, but for those that are interested enter the following in your search bar....
How to make the best and easiest box joint/finger joint free plans

It was so easy to make as well and I'm thrilled that I can now put my router box joint jig to retirement now I've got this saw bench jig!

Happy box jointing!

Arnold 9801

Back