Problem with the saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodworkingMK

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello there, I need some advice.

I am using this CMT blade quite some time, and from unknown reasons to me, there is ring build up on one side of the blade.

I bought a new blade, I run it few times, and the same ring build up happened.

I just noticed that I have material build up on the teeth on the same side, but no build up on the opposite side. I suppose it's something with the table saw setup, but I don't have much experience to figure out what exactly it is.

Something is rubbing. Is it just a mark, or it it a groove? If it's a mark, it's probably nothing to worry about. If it's a groove, it's worth tracking it down

Disconnect from the power. turn the blade by hand slowly. look all around as the blade turns. Something is touching the blade. Maybe there is a very small gap there with the power off, and the blade might move sideways a tiny bit when under power and then rub.

Yeah, most likely something is protruding or is lodged where it shouldn't be.
Remove zero clearance insert and have a look, for a start.

I think you should take a look at the rip fence. It may not be prefectly parrallel to the blade, or is it from using the saw blade on one side when skimming stock down to size?

Back