Mitre Saw - £200 budget

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeordieStew

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

I sold my Titan mitre saw last year as it was taking up space and wasn't THAT accurate.

Looking for a new one for the summer. Budget around £200. Single bevel should be enough really.

Need to be able to do 90 degree cuts on 3" PSE/PAR. And be 240V.

What are your recommendations? I don't mind modifying/fettling to get accuracy. But some adjustment would be useful.

Thanks in advance

Mrs C":2bbfzeof said:
Makita ls1040 ? I bought one a couple of weeks ago, not sure how I managed without it before!
Definitely looks like an option. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

LancsRick":52dvl9hf said:
How accurate are we talking? What's your usage?
Casual DIY. Some benches, planters. Nothing too hardcore. But fairly accurate.

Makita is probably your best bet. I've got a Rage that I use as my portable saw and it's absolutely fine but a step below the Makita.

I have a Makita LS1013 and it really is superb, but you won't get one new now, on the other hand I have a LumberJack double taper mitre saw and although it is competent, it has a few niggly faults which make it more of a pain to use, but still good IMO.

Mike

I probably should have said, the 216 is a bit too small. I occasionally will be cutting 3" timber.

This is the Lumberjack: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Mitre-Sliding- ... B010LXOXF8 the niggly bits I have found are the dust extraction is non existant, until you modify the silly pick up behind the blade, if you then use a vacuum on it, its as good as most much more expensive machines, the only other niggle is the degree scale is not very well defined, it locks in place on its detents, but you then have to stare at the scale to ensure its located where you want, other than that, I have just finished mitring skirtings and architraves for a bedroom and it has performed well, at under £160.00 I think it a bit of a bargain.

Mike

I've ordered an LS1040. Should be here on Monday.

Thank you all.

Back