Jet JTS-600 Set Up

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Schmed88

Reaction score
Hello All

I am in the process of assembling my newly purchased Jet JTS-600.

I have noticed that when I check the cast iron top front-to-back with a good straight edge there is a dip in the top surface of around 0.4mm just to the right of where the blade sits. Possibly a dip in the casting or the weight of the saw motor causing the top to sag slightly.

I know there are woodworking forums full of new saw owners getting overly anxious about slight abnormalities in lovely new cast iron tops. However the 0.4mm and the location next to the blade makes me concerned, particularly as the sliding table needs to be 0.1mm - 0.4mm higher than the cast iron top. Combined I could be looking at a 'step-down' of 0.5mm - 0.8mm just next to be blade.

I am still quite new to woodworking. I was wondering what more experienced saw owners thought on the matter?

Any advice much appreciated.

Ed

Ed,

Where did you buy it from? I'd ask them what the tolerance is and if your 'dip' is acceptable to them.

I had a similar issue with a different (clone of) saw a few years ago and ended up rejecting it because I couldn't see how I'd be able to get square cuts without major fiddling around.

Thank you for the advice.
Think I will stick with the saw and get it tuned as best I can.

E

Back