Console build

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice work.
An elongated hole on the batten holding the top would help with any expansion issues.

Nicely done,
but (just for once) I agree with Phil.
Disco music has no place on a woodworking video.
I skipped along several times just because the music was annoying.
(I normally have sound turned off on a fast forward video for this very reason, only listened because of phils comments)

I really like the look of the finished table.

There were a few bits in the making which confused me, like marking out the joints as though you were going to cut them with a handsaw, then cutting them on a table saw. Looks like you adapted the methods you used for cutting tenons as you went through the build. I suspect if you built it again, you would change a few things about the construction.

Oh, and I agree with the above comment about allowing for movement in the table top by using slots rather than round holes for the screws.

Excellent job!

=D>

Floating the top, like you've done here, always looks so right on a console table. I guess the extra height of a console table makes it more apparent, where as with something like a low coffee table the effect would be lost.

I like that.

You can do counter bores in the cross rails to allow the top to move, just drill down and inch or so, just watch as the drill will want to pull into the wood, a stop made by drilling through a piece of scrap of the right thickness to leave an inch of bit will work well.

Pete

thanks for the comments..
as for the music, I though it was a little to dramatic but didn't think it was terrible as you say.. ill try different genre next video.

at first I planned to cut it with handsaw, I made one and he went out terribly so I switch to the table saw and finish it with a chisel.
in general It was the first time I made such joints.

dzj":1zzccu3a said:
An elongated hole on the batten holding the top would help with any expansion issues.

thick_mike":1zzccu3a said:
Oh, and I agree with the above comment about allowing for movement in the table top by using slots rather than round holes for the screws.

I didn't quite understand what you meant..

Latest posts

Back