Any shipping experts here?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
A couple of you may be aware of my unfortunate location regarding supplies from the Uk.

I'm now trying to arrange shipping of a table saw from London to Cyprus. On the off chance, does anyone have any contacts to help me out? I havent done this before and its starting to overwhelm me.

Have you had a look at this site https://www.shiply.com/ ?
I put some details in for a house move to get an idea of price and I got about 10 companies offering me their services. They then competed with each other to give the best price. I didn't go with it because they all only wanted to provide 1 person which meant I would be sharing the loading and unloading which I wasn't happy doing.

Steve

Years ago we shipped some items from India to the UK and had to use a Shipping Agent to get them out of the docks.
I suppose you will have to something similar.

Rod

Sunnybob - try Google for "international freight forwarders in london"
There are a large number of companies in the London area that do this type of thing and some will pick up as well as arrange shipping and documentation and some will even arrange for crating/palletising of machinery as well. With my last employer I used to be involved in sending helicopter parts (including large components) to various bases throughout the world but I'm out of touch now that I've retired.

Back