MFT adjustable fence/stop/sled guides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

space.dandy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I've mounted a router to my MFT surface and have just made these guides, to use as a base for making fences, stops, sleds, featherboards, etc. It's a pretty obvious idea, but I don't recall seeing it anywhere else before, so I thought I'd share it here.

As you can see from the images below, these are simple plywood rectangles with a 25mm groove 10mm deep running through the middle and a 10mm slot in the centre of the groove. M6 threaded inserts are fitted at three corners.

The guides fit snugly over two dogs while still allowing it to slide; each guide is just over three holes long, which allows complete adjustment over one hole-to-hole spacing while maintaining contact with both dogs. The 10mm slot allows you to lock the guide in place by tightening it against the dogs using an M8 bolt. You could also use a couple of nuts and bolts either side of a dog to restrict the range of motion.

The threaded inserts allow me to attach various faces to the guides. As well as a basic fence, I plan to make fixed 45deg and 30/60deg fences, which will cover 99% of my angular needs.

Finally, I glued a piece of clear plastic to one guide with a crosshair drawn on it. This simply allows me to draw or print accurate, annotated cut lines on paper, which I can tape to the table and use as a template.

I hope this isn't too noddy and someone finds it useful.

image1.jpeg

image2.jpeg

Attachments

• image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    103.8 KB · Views: 824
  • image2.jpeg
    image2.jpeg
    106.3 KB · Views: 824

Latest posts

Back