Harvey table saw sliding carriage

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cameronhill97

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi I have my heart set on the Harvey table saw but was just wondering if anyone has the sliding carriage along with there’s, just wondering if it is worth getting aswell

Any help would be appreciated thanks

I guess it depends on what you want to do with it.

I bought a Harvey last year and built a fold-down outfeed table and a cross-cut sled which works very well and suits most of my needs. I use a decent track saw for cutting large sheets.

The Harvey is a great saw, I wish I'd bought it years ago. If you go for the dado option, it takes a bit of practice to get the cuts you want but works well. Out of the box, the dust collection is not brilliant but that's the same with most table saws I've used.

Don't forget the saw won't run off a 13 amp socket.

It will probably run off a 13amp socket, but may trip out an ordinary circuit breaker when it starts up, you may have to change the circuit breaker to a motor rated unit.

Mike

Just tried to buy a saw from Woodford Tooling, but they've stopped selling them. Rumour has it Axminster is going for the contract, but where did you guys get yours?

I had it directly from Woodford themselves that Axminster have signed an exclusive deal with Harvey and Harvey had declined Woodford's latest order.
Axminster confirm that they have made an agreement for a specific range of products, not all. This is recent news (a few weeks ago) so Axminster's UK team are still clarifying what access they will have to things not in their agreement.
I'm after the RT-100 tablesaw extension router table. That apparently isn't in Axminster's deal and they don't know if they can get one for me.
If you need spares or other accessories, I don't know what route you would follow right now.

It's an interesting situation. If Axminster get exclusive distribution rights to (let's assume) some of Harvey's more marketable products, there may not be enough of a market for a second player to import whatever's outside the deal. Some of Harvey's catalogue may simply be inaccessible to UK customers and part of the UK market opportunity lost to them.

It's easy to get lost among the branding and the way that generic designs are made by multiple Chinese factories. It looks to me like a number of Harvey products sell under the Grizzly brand in USA. Anyone know who else they badge their products up for ?

Back