Woodworking 'Tache?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tasky

Established Member
Reaction score
Someone in another thread mentioned some old books on past-and-present stuff in woodworking that I've just leafed through, and I noticed that most of the people depicted had big ol' mustaches. More so the old period pics and drawings/paintings, especially in Germany... but even a few 80s photos had guys in tracksuits and trainers planing away, with their little lip ferrets proudly displayed.

So come on then - How many of you have a woordworking 'tache? :lol:

Is there a favoured/preferred/recommended style?
How do you sharpen your trimming scissors?

My face had been relatively unseen since my 17th year amigo! Woodworking had not even entered my thoughts at that time. At that period my only concern was which young lady and when (was she going to come around to my nefarious plans).
It was not 'til a couple of years ago that chemotherapy and the resultant hair loss revealed that I had JOWLS :roll: (where did the years go?). But the moustache and beard did a fair job keeping the sawdust away from my mouth when snacking after sanding . so . in a way woodworking and the 'stache went together. It's all starting to grow back now , slowly and the wrong colour , but it covers those dang jowls! :oops:

For completeness, I should probably disclose (confess?) the fact that I do have one, and my friends regularly joke that I look like a Musketeer!!

My attempts at growing facial hair have only ever produced a ginger monstrosity which, I believe, is illegal in some countries.

various life events triggered an (overdue) mid life crisis last year that caused me to buy a 3 wheeled van and to grow a beard for the first time. Shortly after that I made two side tables and a coffee table, although until now I had not connected this with the presence of a beard :D

Back