Evostik Resin W

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Argus

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been using this stuff on and off for decades. However, a recent assembalge has sprung apart......A bit of a pain.. but the Resin W glue has been in the W/S for quite some time, so it may have deteriorated in the bottle.

Which prompts a question:
The manufacturer recommends a shelf life of 2 years (unopened) within an acceptable temperature range. Accordingly, some of this stuff may have a low turn-round and be in the shops for some time.... eating into that period of time.
So that we can know its age, does anyone know how to interpret the manufacturer's date codes stamped on the flasks?

Date codes can be the year followed by the week number so 0727 would be 2007 week 27.

Pete

Thanks, Pete........

I should have mentioned that I was interested in Evostik's date code on their flasks which doesn't yield a recognisable date using any format obvious at first reading.
They seem to use their own system.
An old flask that I have (some years old) bears 4K182319....... Where's the date in that? Is there a date?
What seems odd to me is that if there is a recommended shelf life on their data sheet of 24 months, how can we work it out?

To find out if that code number has any date info in it you should email the maker directly and see what they say.

FWIW going by other products, it's likely their suggested shelf life is conservative. Apart from not wanting customers to have a problem it is in their best interest if people throw out usable product and buy new.

Back