A Good Oldie Plane

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHJ

Established Member
Reaction score
Seen at Peterborough today.
816-01-01.jpeg
plane2.jpg

Attachments

• 816-01-01.jpeg
    816-01-01.jpeg
    174 KB · Views: 784
  • plane2.jpg
    plane2.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 482
A bit blurry, but the boxwood nuts are just lovely.

Or maybe I should say fabulously lovely. Not "just lovely".

Nice! I've seen maybe two similar over the years in the wild and regrettably the last one (spitting image of this if memory serves) was in a very sorry state having gotten wet and dried out, possibly numerous times.

Any idea on price Chas?

ED65":o1cvm2gl said:
Any idea on price Chas?
The guy was asking 35, but I'm sure this was not bottom line as it was last couple of hours of a 2 day event. Was very tempted to go for it just in case someone wanted it, was in good working order, only damage was one fancy clamping nut had slice broken off (ancient drop I suspect) definitely been a recent user.

Sorry image not good had not realised there was camera shake. Tried to post image whilst still in show in case there was interest but no usable connection.

Everything else left around was tat as far as I could see.

It's a shame that so many decent wooden ploughs have lost their irons. It can cost more to search out - or piecemeal accumulate - a set of irons than most orphaned ploughs do, even ones in really good condition.

There do look to be one or two interesting bits and bats around it, too. Nothing outlandishly rare or fancy, but good, honest quality. The dividers look fair, and is that a posh bradawl next to them? (If such a humble tool as a bradawl could ever be described as 'posh'!)

AndyT":23japxqi said:
Oh it was well past the point that reviver could help it, with multiple cracks you could get the edge of a 50p into. If not a Pound coin.

CHJ":23japxqi said:
The guy was asking 35, but I'm sure this was not bottom line as it was last couple of hours of a 2 day event.
That's not too bad at all.

Cheshirechappie":23japxqi said:
(If such a humble tool as a bradawl could ever be described as 'posh'!)
I saw one with a rosewood or ebony handle once, does that count? :D

The twin of that wooden plough plane is sitting on a shelf in my living room, its in very good nick, my old man picked it up in a junk shop for a fiver!

Back