How do I work out which inserts these are?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SVB

Established Member
Reaction score
When I bought my lathe it came with a number of tools etc and also included 9 ‘orphan’ new SECO tips in a box that unfortunately has no sticker or label.

A45E5C40-0C17-4790-A785-B0738EAE6719.jpeg

How do I work out what the correct code number would be so i can order a tool holder to suit?

Thanks

Simon

Attachments

• A45E5C40-0C17-4790-A785-B0738EAE6719.jpeg
    A45E5C40-0C17-4790-A785-B0738EAE6719.jpeg
    232.4 KB · Views: 874
Search for the Seco catalogue and work through the system of specifying an insert - T for Triangular, S for Square plus all the other letter and number aspects.
You will see pictures of each style to help with the indenification/specification.

I fear that for some, it is, (men in tight shorts), we don't judge.
Whilst I do enjoy cycling, I am not prone to sitting and watching adverts for overly expensive, rather pointless shorts, sold to the latest crowd of "all the gear no idea" folks.

Thanks for that link CHJ.
Ive got something similar on paper but coildnt find it online. Wasnt searching for the right thing.

Make you own tool holder it very easy, square or octagonal SS is good. I even made my own handle but you can buy them pretty cheap on the net.

hawkeyefxr":39qf5ic9 said:
Make you own tool holder it very easy, square or octagonal SS is good. I even made my own handle but you can buy them pretty cheap on the net.

Metal Working Section/Lathe !!

Hi They look like ccmt 06 coated tips fit ian sclcr/l holder probabley 10mm shank to suit a 3 1/2 lathe like an ML7 ok for general turning of ferrous metals, but will work with care on brass.
regards Paul

Latest posts

Back