Scheppach tiger 2000

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jaybo

Reaction score
Morning,
Since starting woodturning I have come to realise very quickly the importance of super sharp tools. My issue is like it would seem with any tools to do with woodworking there is such a massive variation in tool pricing and quality.
I am a big believer in the fact that generally you get what you pay for, but have been looking for a wetstone grinder to keep the edge on my tools and looked at the Scheppach tiger which does not look that dis similar to the tormek and many others on the market.
Also this just about fits my budget which is not too big at the moment. I am basically just looking for advice and opinions on this cheaper machine. I would love to purchase the tormek but cannot warrant spending the money they are asking.
Thanks
Jason

Is this for turning chisels or plane irons hand chisels etc?
If for turning I have always used a Creusen slow speed grinder and white wheels, super sharp, super quick, anything else just takes too long.

I got one of these a couple of months ago, brilliant thing. Everything I've got now has a proper angle and edge on it, just takes a second or two on the old oilstone while I'm working to keep the edge good. The bosses kitchen knives now leave a regular trail of blood across the work tops, something I always failed to achieve using my old methods, fingers crossed then, it's only a matter of time.
I think I was £60 for mine, don't think that's too unusual a price for them..

Back