Barbecued maple

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chris152

Established Member
Reaction score
_MG_7176.jpg

I burned the surface in the shavings that came off the underside and rim, then turned the inside bowl shape.
IMG_1350.jpg

And yesterday I put up a couple of shelves so I can see what I've been working on. I find that til I present something at least reasonably, I can't really see if it's any good or not. I'm really happy with it!
_MG_7177.jpg

C

Attachments

• _MG_7176.jpg
    _MG_7176.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 766
  • IMG_1350.jpg
    IMG_1350.jpg
    215 KB · Views: 766
  • _MG_7177.jpg
    _MG_7177.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 766
Certainly something different with the burning effect I like it. Great idea for displaying but there is one fault with it and that it's not big enough and you will need more room did they not tell you this hobby is addictive :lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks both!
Dalboy":dqoq1mgw said:
Great idea for displaying but there is one fault with it and that it's not big enough and you will need more room
Ha, the idea's to feed the new ones onto the shelves from the left, so the older ones fall off into a storage bin on the right. :?

a quick aside, how was the maple smoke with regard to smell & taste. thinking of using some to smoke some sausages.

Droogs":5hqf510o said:
a quick aside, how was the maple smoke with regard to smell & taste. thinking of using some to smoke some sausages.
It was just 'smokey' to my nose, no hints of maple syrup or anything like that!

Chris152":2llovr4v said:

I burned the surface in the shavings that came off the underside and rim, then turned the inside bowl shape.

And yesterday I put up a couple of shelves so I can see what I've been working on. I find that til I present something at least reasonably, I can't really see if it's any good or not. I'm really happy with it!

C
Bowl looks great and gives us all an idea to change the appearance of the wood. :D

Latest posts

Back