Painted kitchen with Walnut detail.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Another one of our kitchens. The kitchen was very long and narrow but I think the layout works really well

8tiVnOL.jpg

HwvnU7K.jpg

kjxexcQ.jpg

lkfQAkV.jpg

2agbXKV.jpg

QG9Tdc2.jpg

KxoEKCp.jpg

Nice job!

I don;'t envy them keeping that splash back clean. Is it glass?

That's right on my wavelength , stunning =D>

This I guarantee will cause me problems if the good woman sees it.
So if everyone can keep it quiet that'll be doing a brother a solid :-$

beautiful work, I love the cornices, looks incredibly well made, built to last

Looks spot on craftsmanship. My only niggle is on the design, which I presume was driven by the customer - skirting boards rather than a kick space under the cabinet? That would bug me.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

siggy_7":3nv4raxu said:
Looks spot on craftsmanship. My only niggle is on the design, which I presume was driven by the customer - skirting boards rather than a kick space under the cabinet? That would bug me.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Sometimes driven by the customer sometimes not, I love the skirting board detail, have it in my house as well. Makes not a jot of difference, I have plinth in the sink area and skirt everywhere else and it makes no difference at all, maybe I'm the odd one but I have a good set of flippers on me.

For me the skirting board makes it look a bit more like a piece of furniture rather than a kitchen cabinet. I like it.

Especially around the verticals next to the hob area. The time taken to just follow that vertical around with the skirting is really nice.

Good job the wife does not look at UKworkshop....
But apart from that worry lovely piece of workmanship

dzj":taiirodk said:
Fine work, Bob.
Four ovens? Must be a large family.

1 oven
1 steam oven
1 combi /microwave oven
1 coffee machine

not really unusual these days in a large kitchen, often there will be 2 warming drawers as well.

That is absolutely beautiful - fantastic work.

I will be starting to renovate our kitchen at the end of the year, and this design with the shaker doors flush inside the unit, is exactly what my wife (aka the boss) wants.

I was originally thinking about just making the doors and keeping the old standards carcass units to keep costs down and to keep it simple. But seeing your desing with the flush fitting doors, I will be picking my one brain cell to figure out how to do that with the old units. May look rubbish and like I've tried to put lipstick on a gorilla.

If not then I can see me making units as well.

Can I ask you a couple of stupid questions? what type of hinges did you use and what is the specification of the ply or mdf you used for the units and doors?

Sorry if my questions are daft laddy. It's good to know how the professionals do things.

Well done to you. Inspirational work.

Jonny

JonnyW":18od1jsn said:
That is absolutely beautiful - fantastic work.

I will be starting to renovate our kitchen at the end of the year, and this design with the shaker doors flush inside the unit, is exactly what my wife (aka the boss) wants.

I was originally thinking about just making the doors and keeping the old standards carcass units to keep costs down and to keep it simple. But seeing your desing with the flush fitting doors, I will be picking my one brain cell to figure out how to do that with the old units. May look rubbish and like I've tried to put lipstick on a gorilla.

If not then I can see me making units as well.

Can I ask you a couple of stupid questions? what type of hinges did you use and what is the specification of the ply or mdf you used for the units and doors?

Sorry if my questions are daft laddy. It's good to know how the professionals do things.

Well done to you. Inspirational work.

Jonny

Thank you. I use worcester parsons hinges 64mm x 35mm, come in many finishes, I pay between £2 to £10 a hinge dependant on finish, I get big discounts for volume orders. Crazy prices but they are by far and away the best. The doors are either 25mm MR MDF or 27mm poplar, I can't remember what these are. The frames are 27 x 37mm poplar,

Thank you for the reply. Really appreciated.

We’ve decided to build the units as well. Your project has inspired us.

I had a look at those hinges - top quality. So did you use your standard butt hinges on that project? I thought it may have been a decorative finial cranked butt hinge type job? it's hard to see on your photos.

The panels - did you use 6mm MR MDF? or similar?

One last question (honestly); Did you use MR MDF for your units? I was thinking 18mm MR MDF for the carcass and hope the MDF would be stong enough to take pocket screws.

Thanks again for your advice/help and sorry for all the questions!

Jonny

Latest posts

Back