Worth a listen!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AndyT

Established Member
Reaction score
I often have the radio on in the workshop, or in the house. Often Radio 4, more often 6Music if Radio 4 goes over the same old ground and gets a bit tedious.

But wouldn't it be nice if there was an easy source of intelligent chat, from blokes who are good at making things, run their own businesses and want to help other people do the same?

Well, I've just listened to the first episode of a new podcast, "Measuring Up" and found it a really enjoyable, refreshing listen. I hope I won't embarrass either of them too much by plugging it on here, but I'll take the risk!

You can download or stream it direct from their site at http://measuringuppodcast.com or find it in iTunes or in whatever app you normally use for subscribing to podcasts. There are three episodes available now, with the plan of releasing more every fortnight.

Try it!

that'll be what that Peter bloke was on about.
should have clicked the video.
think I'll give it a listen at some point.

:D

Like Radcliffe and Maconie on woodworking but maybe a bit quieter. Excellent and quite brave in some ways.
What's interesting although maybe obvious really is how similar the issues are inter trade. Number of times I've been asked to 'just clear the gutters won't take 5 minutes.' Bear in mind the building is commercial ,half a mile square and owned by a multi national association of billionaire conveyancing solicitors and it actually involves rope access and will probably take 2 blokes, 4 hours in real terms on top of the work they are actually paying for. That's 8+ hours for free 10 when you have got rid of all the waste. You're bound, keep the client happy or work for nowt and I don't even work for myself.
Yes. No problem, I'm just moving house will you do all the conveyancing, searches and litigation for me for free? Would only take you 5 minutes....
No? Ok. Let's put a price in for the gutter cleaning then and we won't mention the Rams you were happy to ignore :roll: .

@ Andy "Often Radio 4, more often 6Music if Radio 4 goes over the same old ground and gets a bit tedious."
Ships in the night mate. :D

Back