• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

(Provisionally sold) Axminster planer knife jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric The Viking

Established Member
Reaction score
Bristle, CUBA (the County that Used to Be Avon)
I'll add a picture when I have time to scale it to (256kB - really??).

Anyway it's an unused Axminster planer knife height setting jig, as far as I can tell identical to their current product.

I'm embarrassed to say I bought it before I realised it needed cast iron tables (or at least unobstructed access to the (steel) block) to work - there are magnets that hold it down. My little Kity 439 has alloy tables that can't be moved out to get full access to the block, so this system can't be used. I've been tripping over the box, occasionally literally on the study floor, ever since.

I would certainly also be embarrassed to ask anything like the current new price. So let's say 30 quid all-in, to include postage in the UK (yep, real postal postage, via a post office). 20 quid of that is the kit, so if it's cheaper to post, I'll reduce the price accordingly. Bank transfer please, or cheque.

There are a couple of dings in the wooden case (because I've been tripping over it, probably), and the instruction sheet is tucked behind the foam in the lid, but apart from the "Oh b***er!" moment when I first got them, and when I was looking for the instructions before writing this, they haven't been out of the box.

So, a real chance from someone to benefit from my stupidity... unless you own a Kity 439!

Hope that's of interest. If you're in Bristol collection is also an option.

PMs per normal, please.

E.

I need to work out how to pm you, but I'll take it for pickup if it's still available. I'm by j27 of the m5 but am travelling to do visits in the school holidays.

I'll get on the other computer, and see if I can't work out how to pm you!

Latest posts

Back