lidl air bag wedges

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that. I always keep an eye out for tools at Lidl but I missed that one that is a serious bargain.

Burglars use these to break into cars, so I've heard.
A Lidl bargain and a career opportunity all in one! :)

dzj":20ofakoo said:
They do not.
Perhaps buildings, but by the definition of burglary, not cars.

Car thieves do, however, as do auto-locksmiths and mechanics when people lock the key in the car... especially for complete muppets who manage it three times in one day!!

Tasky":2m5247sj said:
dzj":2m5247sj said:
They do not.

Car thieves do, however, as do auto-locksmiths and mechanics when people lock the key in the car... especially for complete muppets who manage it three times in one day!!

Well, burglars might do a bit of car thieving as well, to break the monotony.

Geoff_S":2z5qsvv5 said:
Well, burglars might do a bit of car thieving as well, to break the monotony.

They certainly do!
It's not uncommon to pinch the car keys from the house and load the TV and goodies into it for transport. Car is ditched or burned out later.

Tasky":1nbikukg said:
dzj":1nbikukg said:
They do not.

Thanks for the correction, Tasky.
English being my second language, I must sound weird sometimes. :oops:

Lons":1c7meyg5 said:
It's not uncommon to pinch the car keys from the house
So if they already have the keys, what would they need the air wedge for? :p

dzj":1c7meyg5 said:
Thanks for the correction, Tasky.
English being my second language, I must sound weird sometimes. :oops:
Nah, not directed at you, just being light-hearted. You are correct, in that you can use these to break into (some) cars, though, either as a crime or as part of your job. I was going to be a locksmith once, but the courses and tools are pretty expensive!

phil.p":1c7meyg5 said:
I thought Tasky was being a needlessly pedantic when I read his comment.
I thought I was being quite jocular, while also informative... Hey ho. :duno:

Tasky":sxr0itdy said:
Lons":sxr0itdy said:
It's not uncommon to pinch the car keys from the house
So if they already have the keys, what would they need the air wedge for? :p

That's very true, unless they can use the wedges to force a door or window. 8)
I was responding to the difference between burglars and car thieves tbh

I have a set of Winbags from Axminster, and they are very useful indeed, especially for things like door hanging, or simply holding the door still whilst you work on the edge of it. They're tough as old boots, but only rated for 100kg each.

If these are as strong as the spec says, they're a bargain -- Winbags have gone up quite a bit but are now roughly twice that Lidl price (individually).

I have some very similar to these, very useful things. I use mine to help me lift awkward items like washing machines, makes it much easier to either get some wheels under or just your hands.

I bought two pairs while passing Lidl this afternoon. The exhaust valve is a screw, which is more controllable than the squeezy valve on my Winbags.

Back