Shipping container storage issue, help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
So Mrs Grumpy is a dog trainer, she is moving to a new paddock, the paddock is attached to a sports field of a local village sports and social club. She wants to put a container in the paddock, no problem with the club however the container company will not deliver it unless the ground is rock hard, they are saying mid June earliest.
She needs storage by beginning of April. Couple of questions
1/ does anyone know a container company which could deliver
2/ any other ideas for storage, she has a lot of gear (big agility stuff and more). looked at flat pack container but they look a bit flimsy. Anyone got experience of these?

Any advice appreciated.
Bobby

How close is it from where they can place it now to where its got to go?
A 20ft container weighs in at approx 2 tons empty,
I would be thinking a trackway with two rows of scaffold boards & some scaffold poles as rollers, stick a block & tackle on it or a turfor & away you go as the boards & rollers come out the back you move them round the front. A few years back a friend & i moved a 2.5 ton milling machine into a college, it was about 60 yards but a lot of corners to go round so not a straight run, took us one day.

Bob
I have a flatpack container if you want to call it that. It definitely is not flimsy. Weighs god knows what. Each 8x4 floor panel is a struggle for 2 people. Only prob is I have no idea what brand it is as it was second hand. Just saying don't dismiss them.
Mark

Thanks chaps,
200m across a football field, bit too much with boards and poles plus at the destination point we need to get it on sleepers.
Good to know the flat pack ones are not too flimsy, I'll look more into them.

I was also going to say they are quite light really, we used pallet trucks to shift a 30ft long one around and it was easy enough. Could you get a telehandler to move it from where they drop it across the field to the final position? Most farmers seem to have them these days and are quite amenable with a good drink thrown in :)

Don't know if this would help but I saw a youtube vide for a company that make emergency buildings for relief efforts. It comes as a folded tent and you inflate it with an air pump and then spray water and it sets hard.

vid of it here
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vb1pdvvoVoQ

Get the container dropped off and find a local farmer with a telehandler to get it across the field. Next door had a container put into place with one no problems

Be careful what you buy, make sure you see the container before paying for it - there are some really rough second hand containers out there (DAMHIKT!)!

Thanks guys,
I'll be getting the container from a company I got one from last year, 1 journey only (mint).
I am going to get her to hunt a farmer down.

We bought one last year from Crouch recovery - they're only in our village. Same thing, one trip box and they delivered for free as we're local. Could be worth a call for you - Mr Crouch has ALL the offroad cranes and trucks you can imagine. If they can't put it where you want it, no one can!

Back