Table saw advice

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood chipper

Reaction score
I know this has been a much asked question I have read threw several post but can't seem to find a definitive answer I am in the process of acquiring a table saw it's between the Charnwood w650 and the Axminster AW10 north about the same price although the Charnwood comes with a sliding table ... which one ?

Also as a bit of a side question how much should I be looking to pay second hand E.G. The AW10 retails about £895 what should I pay for secondhand ?

Thanks in advance

Sorry can't help you with second user prices on Axi kit.

However when I was researching table saws, I narrowed the choice down to the 10in Axi and the equivalent Charnwood. I had a good look at the Axi at the store, and went for that without looking at the Charnwood (nearest one would have been about 50 miles away IIRC). I don't have space for a sliding table, so mine is the plain base model.

I've been pleased with it overall. The blade is parallel with the slots, or if it isn't it is beyond my capability to measure the divergence. The table is flat, the fence is good. the delivered blade is OK.

Extraction is rubbish, the crown guard doesn't look like it will take much abuse, the power on/off switch isn't that easy to reach. I had to shim up the blade surround thing to get it flat with the table.

The machine comes packed in a surprisingly small package, and it takes three or four hours to get it all bolted together.

I cant compare it to the Charnwood, but for the money, I would say you wouldn't be disappointed with the Axi. Mine is for hobby use.

All the best with your deliberations.

PS Worcester isn't a million miles from me, if you wanted to come and have a play with the saw you'd be welcome to drop round. I am in central Warwickshire.

Wood chipper":2rp1drwg said:
I know this has been a much asked question I have read threw several post but can't seem to find a definitive answer I am in the process of acquiring a table saw it's between the Charnwood w650 and the Axminster AW10 north about the same price although the Charnwood comes with a sliding table ... which one ?

Also as a bit of a side question how much should I be looking to pay second hand E.G. The AW10 retails about £895 what should I pay for secondhand ?

Thanks in advance

There is one in the for sale section of this site at the moment for £500...

Hi Wood chipper,

I find my self in the exact same situation as you this time last year. I think i've narrowed my choice down to the following two saws...

Charnwood W650 10"

Or

Axminster AW10BSB2

What decision did you come to in the end?

Thanks!

Back