Damascus steel blanks

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaz_XB9R

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, just wondering if anyone knows where I could get damascus steel blanks large enough to make a thumb ring.

I have bought a blank that will be big enough for a pinky / small ring.

I intend lining it with sterling silver due to the damascus rusting against skin.

I'm looking for a round bar of approx 30-35mm or a flat blank of approx 15mm.

I don't know about UK Gaz, but Dictum in Germany have blanks (for knives, etc) in their catalogue - their web site gives you a chance to choose English instead of German .

Link:

www.dictum.com

No idea about their prices for such stuff (never bought any myself) but they are generally a very good and efficient/reliable company in my experience. Usual disclaimers.

AES

Owen Bush or Will Catcheside should be able to help, Google their name and Damascus to get to their websites

First two sources have blanks but all too thin if I'm to cut a ring out of flat.

Need to be at least 10 but rather 12mm.

When I searched the other sources they appear to be for finished goods.

I'm kind of hoping I can get a blank that is stocked as if I go down the route of a custom order things get awful pricey.

The size you need for a ring is almost offcut size, so may be worth an ask...

All about 20-25mm diameter unfortunately. I am however in talks with one of the sellers to provide a blank big enough. Thanks anyway.

Back