Doweling Jig

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

harryc

Established Member
Reaction score
Not sure exactly why but I feel I need a doweling jig can you guys recommend a jig that is easy to use but also accurate. I'm thinking along the line of using it for joining long boards instead of biscuits. Just feel it might be a more accurate way of aligning the boards.

Any advice appreciated.

Harry

harryc":2mfi3mey said:
I'm thinking along the line of using it for joining long boards instead of biscuits. Just feel it might be a more accurate way of aligning the boards.

I have a Record 148 dowelling jig which I reckon was one of the best ever made, but would go with the biscuit jointer every time for jointing boards. Significantly faster, more accurate and it will give you stronger joints.

Cheers :wink:

Paul

just been looking at the Dowelmax and it looks likes a decent jig and according to the marketing blurb it's the dogs.
Does anybody have any views on the Dowelmax

Harry

harryc":6vq61lbf said:
just been looking at the Dowelmax and it looks likes a decent jig and according to the marketing blurb it's the dogs.
Does anybody have any views on the Dowelmax

Harry
I know this post is ancient but the Dowelmax with 10mm dowels is easy to use and extremely accurate, albeit not a fast production tool.

Roy

A Record 148 is usually cheap on an auction site, accurate and very useful. You can’t I believe get much better for a manual jig.

Back