Which tracksaw?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you really want to try before buying, give Festool a ring they have guys that just do on site demonstration, there is no pressure to buy from them as they only do the demos,
I ve had several on site visits from Festool, I was even left with a domino machine for 2 hours so I could use It on my job.( I did buy a domino before the end of the week)
I’m in my 50s now and I never really thought that machines would make a difference to my work as I’ve been truly blessed to work for clients who haven’t minded paying for high quality, so I’ve not been pressurised into rushing things to finish them.
But my first Festool purchase was a TS55 track saw, it was a hard thing to part with the cash to buy it, but 7 years on it still is one of my best ever tool purchases.
I’ve not encountered any other brands of track saw to compare against, so can’t comment on them.
It’s worth a phone call to Festool and getting a demo

grafter":3rd1g9ft said:
Thanks very much for all your thoughts, I think I'm going to return to the shop for another look. All the ones I detailed have good warranties and are "pro" level tools. In reality it seems they will all cut in a straight line and so will fulfill the requirement and there seems not too much to pick between them.

The issue really is that more expensive tools are (hopefully) not cheap consumable item like wood glue where you can try different ones to test them out on a whim. Typically with bigger power tools you have to decide in the shop (without actually using them) or from online reviews, or forums whereas really you want a tool in the workshop for a while to try - the real test once the new'ness and novelty has worn off!

However as @Doug71 mentioned if the Festool will "make you more efficient, a better craftsman, more intelligent, more handsome and richer, " I better get that one!

Thanks,

Festool have a no quibble return policy where you can use the tool for (I think) two weeks and return for full refund if you change your mind. I've done this before with a sander. Probably easier to do if you buy from a shop rather than online as you can just take it back rather than using to post it.

Back