Lidl vac

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's the smaller one but probably still good. I did consider it myself when I was replacing my old one since I use a cyclone so the capacity wasn't an issue as the drum is never used. I really wanted the automatic plug though so ended up with the big one which is excellent.

I assume the textile filter bag (blue) is not suitable for catching dust? I don't mind about the super fine stuff, just the visible stuff. Wondering if I can use them on my 16ltr Titan Vac? currently I use the filters you put over the motor with an elastic band as they're much easier to clean than the cartridge filters.

I use the very large Numatic bags, split and put over the top of the drum, works very well.

Mike

transatlantic":1fydm9u3 said:
I assume the textile filter bag (blue) is not suitable for catching dust? I don't mind about the super fine stuff, just the visible stuff. Wondering if I can use them on my 16ltr Titan Vac? currently I use the filters you put over the motor with an elastic band as they're much easier to clean than the cartridge filters.

I like the wet/dry cartridge filters myself. They are excellent at filtering the dust and very easy to clean. I take it off after finishing in the workshop, take outside and use the hose pipe to blast off all the dust, hang it up and in the morning it's dry and can go back on the vacuum.

Of course since getting a cyclone I probably only need to clean my filter once a year.

Rorschach":czy5cjjc said:
I like the wet/dry cartridge filters myself. They are excellent at filtering the dust and very easy to clean. I take it off after finishing in the workshop, take outside and use the hose pipe to blast off all the dust, hang it up and in the morning it's dry and can go back on the vacuum

Doesn't that create a smoke cloud?

This is why I prefer the paper shoes, the dust doesn't stick to them and just falls into the bin. Any bits that do stick to it can be brush without making a massive mess

No the water keeps the dust down quite well. And it's out in the garden so doesn't really matter.

Back