• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Preston 2500p - now sold

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macca

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys its with a tear in my eye that i have decided to sell my preston 2500 router plane.

As i'm sure most of you are aware these are a bit of a rarity and i had intended to keep hold of this for a long time but the truth is i have a veritas and never find myself reaching for this one.

It's in great condition, and is complete with the depth stop and fence.
I have 2 blades for the plane i don't think either is an original, one is 3mm and fits into the plane and works, the second is a blade I bought with the intention of filling down to fit but never got around to doing so and so currently doesn't fit this blade is 19mm wide.

The blades are held in the same manor as the LN plane and I believe LN blades could be used in this plane but I have not tried.

I would like £275 for it which includes postage. I am open to sensible offers but nothing silly, I have my first child on the way and have lots of cool tools like prams and nappies to buy :roll:

I have taken quite a few photos so i will (try to) link to a flickr album and post one picture here.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/60286290@N02/T2J903

39836418865_dccdcd3a1e_c.jpg

macca":2pqzzbn4 said:
Hi guys its with a tear in my eye that i have decided to sell my preston 2500 router plane.

As i'm sure most of you are aware these are a bit of a rarity and i had intended to keep hold of this for a long time but the truth is i have a veritas and never find myself reaching for this one.

It's in great condition, and is complete with the depth stop and fence.
I have 2 blades for the plane i don't think either is an original, one is 3mm and fits into the plane and works, the second is a blade I bought with the intention of filling down to fit but never got around to doing so and so currently doesn't fit this blade is 19mm wide.

The blades are held in the same manor as the LN plane and I believe LN blades could be used in this plane but I have not tried.

I would like £275 for it which includes postage. I am open to sensible offers but nothing silly, I have my first child on the way and have lots of cool tools like prams and nappies to buy :roll:

I have taken quite a few photos so i will (try to) link to a flickr album and post one picture here.

https://www.flickr.com/gp/60286290@N02/T2J903

39836418865_dccdcd3a1e_c.jpg
That is a seriously nice example. I have never seen one in this condition before - I thought it was one of those Walkemoore versions initially - did you restore it yourself?

Sent from my MI 3W using Tapatalk

I was lucky enough to buy it in this condition, i've given it the odd rub with wire wool here and there and kept it oiled. I'm in two minds about selling it to be honest, its only going to go up in value and it really is beautiful.

Back