High Performance GOOD Plugs- Where to buy?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm afraid the limestone surrounds to our windows and doors are not dense enough to allow a thread to form cleanly, the "proper junk" fixings expand into a hole well at 100mm deep (I use 150mm) and don't crack the face off the stone, unlike the shutters that get blown in the wind if you don't hold them back, the repairs have been done with "proper junk" fixings, back in 2010, still there.

Mike

Attachments

• DSC01015_zpsu1jcolgx.jpg
    DSC01015_zpsu1jcolgx.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 463
  • DSC01029_zpsouwdkqhz.jpg
    DSC01029_zpsouwdkqhz.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 463
Has there ever been a David Roberts thread where he hasn't answered his own question and ignored the advice of everybody else? :lol:

I've been hanging things on brick walls for about thirty years.
Clearly I have been doing it wrong all this time and using "proper junk" fixings.
It surely is a miracle and I should apply to be sainted because I have never had a single one fail!

You can all call me Brandlin, patron saint of things not falling off walls.

TFrench":3inn1pzb said:
Has there ever been a David Roberts thread where he hasn't answered his own question and ignored the advice of everybody else? :lol:

Nope.

Mike the great user of "properly junk" fixings

Saint Branlin of all shelves and cupboards I salute you.

TFrench":3a31ygoe said:

I enjoy his posts
Nice to know I am relatively sane and calm.
If something consistently goes wrong, I don't automatically assume it's the fault of my tools nor materials and there is just a possibility I am using or doing the wrong thing.

Back