Colchester Triumph lathe.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swb58

Established Member
Reaction score
I know for one in a garage that's up for grabs and I think the owner is in danger of getting taken for a ride. I don't know much about it but from what I've quickly looked up its the earlier one with the curved panels.
Any idea on what a low price might be on one? There would be lots of stuff to go with it I expect.
I ask for low price as it's running condition is unknown, not been used since being removed from a college. No three phase supply at current home, it's got some surface rust on it.
Any help would be appreciated.

Edit. Just looked on eBay, should have done it before. They don't seem to be making as much as I thought they might.

Colchester Triumph is a big lathe not the sort of machine that can easily be run on single phase, you are probably looking at a 4 to 5kw 3 phase motor. Roundhead machines not so sought after but if its got a good set of tooling its certainly worth a punt. The later Square head ones are quite desirable, a dealer i know could not buy enough of them, i asked why & who was buying them, the answer was he was exporting them to China & India as fast as he could get them!

I replied earlier today but it seems to have vanished. Thanks for the response, I had noted the difference in price between old and newer models. I wish I had a tidy list of what comes with it, loads of stuff is everywhere in a garage full of other stuff. The owner is getting on a bit and in hospital at the moment.

Cheers.

Back