Garage door design

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does the RHS of the diagram represent the face of the door?
Struggling to get my head round the geometry, does this work with a recessed panel or just the flush panel?

Also how would you make that cut?

Yeah that's correct. The right hand side is the out side.
17daf29e1c41686c71718f2ac9d05b94.jpg

This is how I'd make the 2nd pic t &g door. Just remember to allow gaps between each board. At least 1mm, maybe 1.5 if they're over 4 inchs wide.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The bottom rail cut is just a rebate with a bevel. The router will form the rebate easy enough. A shoulder plane would form the bevel, or a table saw or skillsaw tipped over to atleast 9 degrees. It depends on what tools you've got. If you've got a shoulder plane you'd be able to make a bevel without too much agro. Posting it in the projects area will get you a lot of views and encouragement.

ColeyS1":k5p8g1xs said:
Doug71":k5p8g1xs said:
Coley, that is what I used on my house and recommend to others. Got it colour matched to some F&B and it worked really well. Think because it is really a stain it seems to kind of wear off instead of peeling so it's really easy to rub down and re coat after a few years, no messing with undercoat etc.

Doug
Did you think it took a little bit of covering ? Like atleast a few good coats before it covered the primer ? That was a light green so perhaps a darker colour would cover quicker ?

It was a dark green I used, the decorator seemed to be able to get it to cover in two coats but I didn't. I do tend to put paint on too thin and brush it around too much though.

One person at Dulux technical told me it wasn't suitable for what I was doing as it was a stain not a paint so you would see through it but I called again later and I spoke with someone else who said it would be fine.

Doug

Many thanks to all for help so far, I can't tell you how lost I would have been without it

wip-workshop-doors-t111103.html

Here is the start of the WIP. As you can see I'm a bit behind my self-imposed schedule. I've really been battling against the weather here. Embarrassingly little to show for all the time so far, but with the weather picking up and now a square frame to work from I think it should speed up from here on in

Back