Dewalt DW3401 manual?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dajoca

Reaction score
Hello all.
I know this has been asked many times before, but does anyone still have a pdf copy of the manual for the Dewalt 3401 bandsaw?
It seems that google has everything but..
Thanks in advance.

Hi,

If your saw is in fact an Elu 3401 then I'm led to believe it was re-badged as a DW738.

A manual for that model is easily found. Unfortunately I can't post links.

Regards,
Charles.

Hi Dajoca

I've got it on pdf, will pm you with my email address so you'll need to respond so I can email it to you

Bob

Thank you very much Bob.
I will keep it available, so if anyone wants it in future, PM me and I'll email it to you.
With all of the other garbage clogging up the net, It's hard to believe that the almighty google failed me this time.
Thanks again.

Good day, I would like a copy of the manual if available please....my email: Rovea at aol dot com Many thanks

I have a lot to learn, never used a band saw before.

Will email it to you Drifter but I suggest you take your email address off the open forum.

have pm'med you with my email address Chris, if you email me I'll send it to you
Bob

Hello All on here. I'm a newbie looking for the exact same manual (DW3401). If its still available, could someone send me a copy please? In particular, I'm looking for the length of the blade so I can get a new one. Thanks in advance.

Charlie":1i5jhrfx said:
Hello All on here. I'm a newbie looking for the exact same manual (DW3401). If its still available, could someone send me a copy please? In particular, I'm looking for the length of the blade so I can get a new one. Thanks in advance.

Email me [email protected] and I'll reply with the file. The manual covers 3401 an 3501 ( which is just the variable speed version )

regards
Bob

ps
I've likely got blade length written down but I'm sure it's easy to find on the net. Tuffsaws is probably the best blade you can buy btw.

As the requests for 3401/3501 manuals seems to be a fairly regular occurrence I thought the following might help.

ELU 3401 two speed
ELU 3501 variable speed
Dewalt DW 738/739

Although a good 6" depth of cut machine it has a number of minor faults.

• Aluminium ribbed table is prone to warping.
I'm not sure if the table on my 3501 was warped from new or whether it occurred later. This made it difficult to get a 90° cut on either side of the blade.
I collared an ELU rep at one of the shows & he told me to take it to a local dealer. The dealer swapped it out FOC & also PAT tested the machine, also free.

• Switch
A common problem is that the machine will not start because the safety interlock key is not fully inserted. Added to which, the retention chain for the key is slightly too short.

• Tension bolt (M6 x 150 Part No:11353)
The blade tensioning bolt stretches or strips the threads over time. Stretching makes the tension adjustment extremely stiff whilst stripping leads to no adjustment
Couldn't find a tempered 6" carriage bolt but standard ones are cheap. It may need two flats filed on the head to allow it to become captivated.
As the old one is being replaced, the easiest method is to cut out the old one.

Useful info Robbo and just to add to it.

The DeWalt models in the eighties were also badged 3401 / 3501 same as Elu ( as the manual I sent you )

Some came with metal wheels and others with plastic.

Lons":hfbwci6l said:
Charlie":hfbwci6l said:

and I'll reply with the file. The manual covers 3401 an 3501 ( which is just the variable speed version )

regards
Bob

ps
I've likely got blade length written down but I'm sure it's easy to find on the net. Tuffsaws is probably the best blade you can buy btw.

Hi! I'm Lorenzo, writing from Italy! this is my first post here, i'm an IT with a passion for wood and just trying to learn as much as i can and set up a micro-garage-lab. i'm searching for the 3501 manual cause my grandpa gave me one (in really bad shape, built 1988 ). I've wrote you an email yesterday cause i forgot that like 4 months ago i've signed up here, but then i thought that an email will go straight to the spam folder. So here i Am!

Cheers!

Hi Lorenzo
Im away on holiday at the minute, back later next week. I replied to your email but for some reason it wont send. If you can wait a week Ill send the files to you when I get home
Cheers
Bob

Another question for you guys, does anyone know an aftermarket fence for this saws, i've found Precision bandsaw fence by kreg, but they say it will not fit cause it's the fence it's too heavy! But the original is too bad

Lons":2128536r said:
Hi Lorenzo
Im away on holiday at the minute, back later next week. I replied to your email but for some reason it wont send. If you can wait a week Ill send the files to you when I get home
Cheers
Bob

Missed the reply! for sure i can wait! thanks a lot Bob!

Hi, could someone kindly send me a pdf version of the DeWalt manual for the DW3401 bandsaw? My address is mpm at Mandrigin stop co stop uk.

MikhailM

You need to have a look at the official dewalt website where you should be able to download the relevant pdf.

Latest posts

Back