Power tool van storage should I ditch the boxes

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jaffabex

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a SWB defender and find it difficult to get all my kit in there should I ditch the systainer boxes I have a low level sliding drawer
Any ideas comments please

roof box or trailer? neither the best idea. i would suggest getting a bigger van!

adidat

Double up tools in the boxes (take out the inserts first), then keep one box for all the accessories and blades?

do you work straight out the back of the van? if not, keep some sort of storage box you can carry. doesn't have to be systainer stuff and you could always make your own to suit the tools that get used together routinely.

I have an acquaintance with a lwb and he built a pull out section between the wheel arches for tools etc. If I remember there are two drawers at the front which are accessible from the sides and one at the back. This was to do away with the need for massive runners to support a full length drawer.
Works a treat and still gives the same floor area for other bits.

Hot stuff":age5dkub said:
I have an acquaintance with a lwb and he built a pull out section between the wheel arches for tools etc. If I remember there are two drawers at the front which are accessible from the sides and one at the back. This was to do away with the need for massive runners to support a full length drawer.
Works a treat and still gives the same floor area for other bits.

Exactly what I was going to suggest - I've seen this done before and it's very good - efficiency of space can often be better than more space - just look at the Japanese!

I know this is a late reply. I've only just found the thread and I think this is important information to know. My mate had his drills etc stolen from his workshop. Mostly dewalt but an old wolf that was in a dewalt box. He found the boxes in a field not far from his house. The police told him it was no use trying to get fingerprints off them as the plastic does not hold an impression. So get rid of the original boxes, Some plywood and make something that doesn't scream steal me! at the light fingered brigade.

Latest posts

Back