Been away for a long, long time ....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jenx

Established Member
Reaction score
Siorrachd Obar Dheathain , ALBA & Now Botesd
Hello -
I've not been here for a very long time .... probably since 2012 or thereabouts,
Moved from Aberdeenshire to East Anglia a couple of years ago ...
is Johnny from Norfolk still a visitor ?

I went to Paul H's in Birmingham a long time ago & met up with CHJ, Cornucopia George, Ratty ,and a few others - its been too long 8) - my machines are still up in Aberdeenshire, but I'm looking to rekindle my love affair with turning and wood , having had a few ups and down's since last being here.

Anyhoooooo .... nice to have at least remembered my password, and to have looked in, -
I'll not leave it so long next time :D

Hope everyone's happy, healthy and living the dream !

Welcome back...

Don't mention the New forum layout ... we've just got over the Armageddon that caused...

nev":2ehjj0ov said:
Welcome back and Hello from me, I think you were gone before I arrived. Does this mean I'll have to relinquish my signature now :)

Ha ha ha .... no way ! I don't think I have ever been 'quoted' before, ever ....
and I'd consider that a very high honour that (a) you'd used it, and (b) if you'd keep it !

Thats just awesome .... I'm truly humbled !

( again.... !!! )

Welcome Back Jenx, your input has been missed.

As you may be aware by now Photo Bucket decided to wreck a high percentage of the worlds friendly and helpful information forum posts by demanding payments to use their services.

So it's a case of uploading suitable sized (file size) images to the forum server or find another external hosting site that still allows external publically viewable links.

Hi There Chas ..... good to hear from you ! Hope you're keeping well and still keeping it all spinning !

That was 'nice' of Photobucket ! ..
Sadly typical of so many things, that is ...
Way of the world, unfortunately !

Good to know you're still here though - thats excellent !

Therein lies obstacle#1 - Having bounced around Gt Yarmouth, Norwich and now just a few miles from Diss ...
a 'home' for the gear has yet to be found ! -
But we'll start looking in earnest now, and see if I can't find somewhere to set up and get going again.
I've missed bashing my knuckles, burning my fingertips, fleeing the odd rogue banksia nut, and ducking more than several errant lumps of timber that decided to part company from the machine usually due to badly recessed chuck-holds -- and its time that was all part of life again :)
You know what its like.. once its 'with you', it never really goes away !

It'll be a logistical nightmare , getting all the various bits of kit from the North East of Scotland to East Anglia,
but where there's a will, there's a way ......
I left there in a bit of a hurry, and its all exactly where I left it, ---- i hope ! ( heh heh )

Hello there matey, I only thought about you about 2 weeks ago when my boiler locked out due to me, yet again, not ordering oil in time!

Fortunately your comprehensive instructions enable me to get back up and running in no time. ;)

Cheers
Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Jenx.
I remember Paul J’s get togethers & your good self well, good to see you back posting, sadly in the mean time Ratwood (Chris)has passed away.
Good luck with your return to spinning wood.

Back