building a portable bluetooth speaker

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zdanielz

Reaction score
2.JPG
HI,
I made this speaker after my old one was stolen.

I use walnut and limba wood for the enclosure.
I want to share with you my build process and if someone has any advice I like to hear.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rM3VYmsMyKg&t=1s

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    45.6 KB · Views: 900
interesting build. do you have any details on what is needed for the internals?

Incredible build! I love your final result and I don't think I've ever seen anyone use a drill bit as a router pivot like that! A brilliant one of a kind useful item. Can't imagine the cost if you wanted to buy one.

How annoyed were you by the wood splitting out while routing at the end?

My only suggestion would be a slightly longer video and a good mic so that you can talk people through what you're doing. Even if the v/o is added after the fact I think a lot of people like them.

Just brilliant.

thanks!!

when the wood splitting out I wanted to throw it away.. my mistake was that I glue it to the back panel that should only be connected with screws.. after 20 minutes I realize what I've done so I Disassemble it with a hammer.

and the drill bit it is the cheapest solution there is and its work great!! I have a video that will soon come up with that method.. building a wall clock 60cm in diameter.

So am I correct in assuming that this is mains powered?

I expected the internals to cost a bit more than the ones you posted. Very useful information!

nice but how does it actually sound? and why did you use solid wood instead of MDF or veneered MDF?

DBT85":217xd6ha said:
So am I correct in assuming that this is mains powered?

I expected the internals to cost a bit more than the ones you posted. Very useful information!

All the internal cost 160usd from partsexperess.

thetyreman":3imrpgav said:
nice but how does it actually sound? and why did you use solid wood instead of MDF or veneered MDF?

It sound great!!
I use solid wood because I wanted to do chamfer all over the speaker, and because this is what I had..
I don't like to work with veneer.

also im going to upload some sound test mine vs "Marley get together".

Back