Inspection Lights

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the strength of this thread I've just bought a Lil Larry. Impressively bright and compact. The slightly less bright mode could be useful, though I hope I don't need the flashing red. But very simple to scroll through the modes.
Only £10 delivered, from Plumbing Supplies Direct, via eBay.

I have several Thrunite lights from tiny to very large (yes I'm a bit of a torch addict) and they have always been reliable and robust.

I've recently got a work light from Homebase.Can't see it immediately online, but it has a folding base, so you can stand it at many angles, is a matrix of lights so is a diffuse source, and best of all, uses a standard USB charger which one has in profusion anyway - saves another power source to lose!

Another option just arrived, Big Larry Pro it is a great evolution of the previous models. It has three light functions White, Red and flashing red with the white and static red also benifiting from adjustable brightness.

Importantly it has a solution for the OP's function woes once any mode has been used for more than 8 seconds the next press of the button just turns it off. =D>

It also has a built in battery and magnetic charger base which works brilliantly, its my new favourite light.

And all for under £30 they are proving popular, the supplier which I got mine from is out of stock two days after adding them to their range.

Yes these where the ones I saw in the tool shop and think I am sold on it, 500 lumens is damn impressive!

Next time I go to town, I’ll be getting one.

I was looking for a worklight I could use close to the business end of a variety of machines and came across the Lightway Multifunction LED Torch on sale since Sunday 18th at Aldi.

200 lumens COB, magnetic swivel base... I'm prepared to put up with it's "multifunction" switch at a price tag of £4.99.

They also have a more compact version (180 lumens from memory) at the same price.

Have had a pair of big larry pros for around a year now and they been used a reasonable amount. So thought I’d review them a bit for anyone else looking for lights.

I have been semi-disspointed with there longevity, with one flickering on a off already due to (I think) a flaw in the battery holder design. There is a gold coloured telescopic thing that presses up against the bottom of the power cell and I think it can’t take any degree of punishment, a few falls and it seems buggered. The second one is still working but has began to develop a less severe version of the same fault.

Other than this I also thing the charge is a poor design as it is magentic clip, that also doubles up as the magnet for sticking it to things... invitable this gets givered in crud and stops it charging, it also seems to interfer with the circuit of the light in opeteration sometimes, thougn this could the aforementioned fault.

The best thing about them is the small size and light output, in both cases they totally outclass anything else i have seen.

Back