Out of the Wood Exhibition - my first exhibition

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

linkshouse

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that I will have mentioned in the past that I have had the opportunity to take part in an exhibition of woodwork. In true Orkney style, this has taken ages to finally take place but it got there in the end.

The exhibition opened to the public on Saturday the 3rd and runs to the 24th. There was a private viewing on Friday evening the 2nd, and there was wine to help the evening along. A photographer from the local paper was there too so hopefully, we'll get some more publicity there.

This is my first experience of exhibiting my work so it was a bit daunting but it went well and I sold one piece and took a commission, which I didn't think was bad for the opening night.

Attachments

• IMG_1573.jpg
    IMG_1573.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_1582.jpg
    IMG_1582.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_1583.jpg
    IMG_1583.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_1584.jpg
    IMG_1584.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_1585.jpg
    IMG_1585.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 945
  • IMG_1590.jpg
    IMG_1590.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 945
That's a masterpiece !!!!! The display looks fantastic.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

It all looks great, you must be very proud of the display. I think the eagle is awesome. Pity the show is so far from my home in Norfolk as I would love to visit it.
George

The display looks great. You have a lot of work up on the walls. A lot of time spent on them. Just going to look at your wip of the eagle now. Hope you do well at the show. Even if you don’t sell anything your work will have been admired by many people. Well done.

Congratulations on the exhibition - it all looks fantastic and must give you a real sense of achievement. The single flying puffin and the Hielan' Coo are my favourites!

Best wishes

Rockford

Some great work thanks for sharing.

Did you make all the pieces with the exhibition in mind or did you already have a collection and the exhibition came as an after thought ?

Garno":2a77r8w9 said:
Some great work thanks for sharing.

Did you make all the pieces with the exhibition in mind or did you already have a collection and the exhibition came as an after thought ?

Bit of both. In true Orkney style, the exhibition has been going to happen for a long time but kept getting postponed.

When it was originally on the cards I made a few pieces specifically for the exhibition and then when it was cancelled I ended up selling them - here was one - https://www.ukworkshop.co.uk/forums/post1160375.html#p1160375

I also sold the original Puffins Group, the one you see here was a second one I made specifically for the exhibition.

Ha ha, I also made a second Clydesdale but sold that straight away too and couldn't be mithered making a third!

First Class Phill, you have every reason to be proud of your work, AND pleased with the way the exhibition organisers have displayed it.

Sorry, still getting used to the new Forum layout and I pressed "Quick Reply" rather than "+ Reply" which means there's no clapping hands here like there should be. You'll have to imagine them mate (clapping hands x 2).

Well done Sir.

AES

Back