White filler on sanded hardwood door.

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoofy

Reaction score
Before I put osmo polyx on my meranti (I think) door, I'd really like to tone down the whiteness of the few filler spots on the door. It also has white filler in the cracks round the fancy inlay panels. I have some rosewood dye but it's too dark. Still better than white though.

Is there any way of lightening my dye or can I use something else to cover the filler. I don't really want to have to buy another tin of lighter dye for a thimble full that I need.

Thanks.

You will be hard pushed to tone down the filler with stain. A better way will be to use some pigment mixed with either a small amount of the osmo oil you are going to use or with some shellac. If you have some earth pigments they will mix very well with the oil, or you could buy a tube set of artist acrylic oils very cheaply from The Works https://www.theworks.co.uk/p/paint/bold ... 2089006119 (not great quality but good enough for covering filler) you can use these neat on the filler, mix to an approximate colour, apply with a small artist brush, allow to dry then apply your osmo.

It's likely my girlfriend already has some of the paint you linked to. I'll give it a go. Thanks.

Back