Gotthold Haffner EM3 orbital sander

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seb Palmer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

My dad has loaned me an old German orbital sander, and it's now kaput. I want to strip and repair it, but need to find a manual, so I can put it back together more easily, etc. I've spent aeons searching, trying to look on European and German websites, and so on. I could only find one other online example of this tool.

Based on the info on the plate, I'm calling it a Gotthold Haffner EM3. But, as I say, I can find precious little searching under that name (or various variations) online.

bi96izCRd4Up2gN53

I've attached a pic. of the info. plate of my dad's machine, and a few pics of the other example I found online, for more of an all round view. I can't actually find mine at present, as the workshop is just an almighty mess. But if I can find some useful ref. material I'd like to dig it out and fix it.

r1lq5aLYQH01ULij1

xCtc04nPH3jpXqql1

hBIEEJu4YbKyEm5C3

It's a pretty good/poweful sander - I used it on several projects before it died on me - plus I want to be able to return it to ye ol' pater familias in working condition!

Regards

Sebastian

Righty-ho... my first time (well, second, to be honest) trying to post pics. They're not displaying. Why? I've cropped them down to small sizes, in Photoshop, and I'm hosting them on Google Photos... What do I need to do differently, so they'll display?

Seb Palmer":2okvovhg said:
Righty-ho... my first time (well, second, to be honest) trying to post pics. They're not displaying. Why? I've cropped them down to small sizes, in Photoshop, and I'm hosting them on Google Photos... What do I need to do differently, so they'll display?

Hmm... if I copy your image text it reads as a link to the google photos app, which is presumably what you are viewing them in. On a pc, I get redirected to photos.google.com and can see your photo - but I think BBCode isn't smart enough to follow the redirection. However, if I get the link from the image I see in my browser it works - taking us to googleusercontent.com at a very long url which leads to this picture as an example

d2BLSOlEAPV3ptRE1aMOmGsSqqEGqLKoKlU66g2VbNys64vBX6Efbc7jbU8Q2xvzUdc0VBJ85XCB0MBh_gCriyEQqkZptZMwGHcVLL4OYXEPxE3L-S9f_KkaTZt4ux7ThidyRI40kkBtbBsbzBegGI4dfNwdoZxPh1w2uASyVlb5RWGK7n_EOCCtehBtRckhSLLFm9ikch9bNkfF9Z4uGow11cPsdrcFrMF2FuK7n3ykDkKRNy4NSrb6I2n9b1hnGLXTW0mAmd4EsrcDt7HFOpDrwTHNs2BnE_icbHWCkSgc6jbhe74Ff5JbJ650_HOE_f4BKSob0HwQcYaQ5g3yFKSaN3Apa6AZQjIJ9TdOJt3vHbACnjhdQUk3UJqz3zIXexBUp9LZSB_KDDTczoDBDzGP4lwk7Jd_UKdIs0vjUFwPwAT1rgccLqZQa8s2iBrfox7ocRcx-2wck46csHpSr34RxOJc9zA7hwy2WYiUzXm_kUkt75WZyR_xLomCscX6lBR3nP6du5qcn20XkTcBtAKyWoqw2biQVm18rJdcdeLZ8b0FhM4ZUQm2Sd6OvC_-qeEV9-IrsKmiN-ppdk7IUCMNwmGuEgP9FHJ984FYudAvUzqdkTaFmISvPGzjmgXOB59JZxy768x_ub0KiH3RPWdykv_AZFWy=w381-h510-no

Hi Andy, thanks for the feedback, and posting that pic.

I initially copied and pasted some enormous URLs from the Google Photos website, but they didn't result in any images displaying, just those little blue question mark icons. So I then used the 'copy link' function, within Google Photos, and pasted those much shorter URLs in... but they didn't work (for me at any rate) either.

I suspect the image you've posted was a re-direct to the longer URL I originally copied and pasted. But then again, perhaps not? I guess I'll get used to how this forum works as I go along.

Cheers, Seb

Back