Anyone using Yorkshire Grit

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lazurus

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone give me an informed opinion of this product and if it has advantages over conventional fine sanding papers. I am looking with a view to finishing mixed woo and resin turned spheres similar to those done by Heath KNUCKLES (Yes that is his real name). :shock:

Stuart

Just a marketing gimmick in my view, nothing that you can't do just as easily with fine abrasives and wax or oil :)

Lazurus":ui4fshk5 said:
Can anyone give me an informed opinion of this product and if it has advantages over conventional fine sanding papers. I am looking with a view to finishing mixed woo and resin turned spheres similar to those done by Heath KNUCKLES (Yes that is his real name). :shock:

Stuart

I have several 'trial/test' versions of similar products.
Used on a Sealed and Finished Surface to Burnish the surface to remove blemishes and attain a high gloss then I think it's a case of trial to see if any of the product does what you want to the level you want.

I personally use the Chestnut "Cut-n-Polish" as an alternative to burnishing cream on some sealed pieces where using the Buffing Mops is not ideal to finesse the surface, depends which is the most convenient.

I think using these waxed based Burnishing products on bare wood as a finishing sanding medium is fraught with problems if you are intending to use anything other than Wax as a finish on the unsealed surface.
It's inevitable that wax and abrasive debris is imbedded in the pores of the wood, Wax is a release agent in most forms, not exactly the best bond to any form of Lacquer or conducive to the penitration of Sanding Sealers etc.

Back