10" Mitre Saw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you have to keep moving the stand, I can't recommend this highly enough: https://www.ffx.co.uk/tools/product/Bos ... 0UQAvD_BwE it is one of the best things I have bought, the main thing is you can take it anywhere, in the garden or anywhere else for that matter, and it fits into the back of an estate car with the saw still attached.

Mike

Cool I will check that out but at a first glance it looks to be around £400.

Thanks MikeJhn that's looks interesting but I don't think it will fit where I have planned but no harm in measuring as I haven't measured anything yet I have just made a space for my new toy! lol

Thanks

James

Thanks Doug71 it does look like a very nice saw but as you say out of my budget unfortunately. Still open to suggestions though feel free to keep them coming! I am also going through the other thread posted earlier on as and when I get a few minutes.

That is a good stand if you have it permanently set up, but if you lack room or have to move it or put it away after use its an absolute pain to find somewhere to store it, too big, will not stand up on its own folded, needs to lay flat, I have one of those and it gets very little use, prefer to get out the workmate and clamp the saw to that, but then its cheap.

Mike

....I leave the saw attached to the "brackets", collapse the legs of the stand to fold it flat, and store it under my workbench..only takes a minute or two...

There is no way I could get it under my workbench, with the saw attached its too tall, and too long to fit in between the legs of my bench, you must have a very long bench with no drawers or cupboards underneath, love to see a picture of it in place?

Mike

..sorry, you miss-understood. I take the saw off the stand and store it on a shelf under the bench, (but I leave the brackets attached to the saw). The stand then slides under the bench as its only about 9 inch tall when collapsed.

I had a look at the Makita lLS 1019 L today. I was very impressed with the quality and design and would of probably of bought it there and then. But i Really do not like the way the tall fences has to be removed for beveled cuts, a sliding fence like some of the other makita saws should be standard on a saw aimed at the pro end of the market.
Overal a good saw spoiled by cost cutting on the fences.

http://www.axminster.co.uk/makita-ls101 ... r-ax991275

Thanks for all the updates. Still no purchase as of yet. I am noticing though on some saws that for bevel cutting you have to move the back fence.

Is this normal across the board or with a specific brand etc?

Also I presume the more degrees on the mitre and bevel the better? Including the marked angles?

Thanks

James

The older Makita's used to be supplied with a number of plastic zero inserts to put in between the rear fence, you could then cut the angle you wanted if it was not 45degs as per the already angled fence, there where also metal fence vertical extension inserts that fitted into the fence for vertical cuts, I haven't seen anything like that on any newer mitre saws, although I have not looked so there may be some retro saws out there somewhere.

Mike

Back