Claymore (Brian)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claymore

Established Member
Reaction score
I have just got back from the hospital after my wife Ruth was rushed back in suffering from the flu virus, she died at 5am after everything shut down and they could not save her. As you may guess I am devastated and now have to break it to er 86yr old dad his daughter is dead he has only just come out of the same hospital.
I won't be on the forums for a while and anyone who messages me I'm not ignoring ya.
bye
Brian

My deepest sympathies Brian, I wish you strength to face the days ahead.

Devastating news Brian, our thoughts are with you.

Most of us are too distant to help but please shout if there is anything at all that anyone can be of assistance with.

Brian - such shocking news. I only hope that you have family around you to try and help you come to terms with your loss. All the best and stay strong.
Andy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no words that will suffice. No one has. But your words this morning, from someone i don't know, have made me stop in my tracks and think. I have hugged my wife silently for a couple of minutes and i can't imagine not being able to do that again. You have my profound and deepest sympathies - from one stranger to another.

Alan

Thanks everyone it has been a major shock and it happened so quickly on saturday morning 4am I had to call an ambulance for Ruth as she had caught the flu virus while visiting her dad in hospital and i found her collapsed on the bathroom floor they took her to Stranraer hospital and five hours later they phoned me to tell me that i could come and bring her home because the best place for her isn't in hospital where there are loads with it. When i arrived there (they won't send people home in ambulances now so if i didn't go they would stick her on a bus or taxi) she looked terrible as white as a sheet and really bad coughing so i told them i wasn't happy taking her home in that state to which they replied they didn't have a bed for her!.
So i got her home and she was sleeping wrapped up in a duvet on the sofa until 9pm when i got her to the bedroom at around 1am i was woken by her choking and wheezing and immediately phoned 999 the ambulance arrived 45 mins later and they took one look at her and said were taking her in, they tried to get a drip in but couldn't, they tried to do an ecg and couldn't because there is no mobile phone signal here so they set off the 50 miles to Stranraer and I followed them but arrived 50 mins later due to the snow at Newton Stewart etc when i arrived the doctor and a senior nurse took me straight into a family room and he said we tried to save her but couldn't due to her heart packing up and her having pneumonia! she kept saying she felt like her lungs were cold and wet and it seems like her body just couldn't take anymore......she was pretty fit until saturday.
As you may guess i'm devastated and the last thing i would imagine was Ruth dying at 62 I won't be going on the forums for a while so thought i would let you know incase i didn't reply to any emails etc. I feel like i have been shot, even Rory is sat whining at her chair.....i will make sure i don't let things slip here (she liked to be organised) and look after her dad and Rory. I haven't a clue where to start with funerals and sorting all her paperwork as you never think you will need to not until your much older. If any of you or family start with flu whatever you do make sure you see your doctor asap.... I have just started with angina attack since returning home which is something i thought was under control but there's always something to kick ya lurking tablets should sort it. I have told Ruth's Dad and its knocked him for six so will bring to my home tonight once the snow stops so i can keep an eye on him.
Take care and thank you all for you comments above.
Brian

I don’t know what to say, it’s just tragic I really feel for you.

Pete

I am so sorry for your sudden loss,
it's always so sad reading things like that.
Mine and my families thoughts will be with you over the next few days.

Gary

Back