You couldn't make it up .............

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phil Pascoe

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
:lol: We bought a very cheap table. It didn't matter a jot what it looked like, so £50 delivered was fine. Made in Malasia, its top is imitation hevea ............. printed to include even the finger joints.
DSCN2481.JPG

Attachments

• DSCN2481.JPG
    DSCN2481.JPG
    126 KB · Views: 1,270
:(

I wonder if we'll ever get to the point where they start printing on dovetail joints and what not onto drawers

Not quite the same, but it reminds me of the days when a handwritten letter was amateur, and anything official was always typed. Then along came computers with word processors and multiple fonts. Result - we now get computer generated and printed letters, but in a font that makes it look like it was handwritten.

K

Skeuomorphic design. Has been going on for a couple of millennia. There are Greek pots where the former rope handles were faithfully modelled in clay.

graduate_owner":36fthgex said:
Ah but what operating system did those Greeks have on their abacus?

''It's frozen''

''Have you tried shaking all the beads to one end then shaking them back again?''

graduate_owner":1vl68prl said:
we now get computer generated and printed letters, but in a font that makes it look like it was handwritten.

and full of spelling mistakes and horrific grammar

Losos":12tthb73 said:
graduate_owner":12tthb73 said:
we now get computer generated and printed letters, but in a font that makes it look like it was handwritten.

and full of spelling mistakes and horrific grammar

A number of the scams that use large mailshots, deliberately include grammar and spelling mistakes so that they appear more 'human' to the people that get them.

Doesn't work on me, i'm still in the "if you cant be bothered to spell it right then you cant be putting much effort in to con me..." way of thinking.

MusicMan":19sp67mz said:
Skeuomorphic design. Has been going on for a couple of millennia. There are Greek pots where the former rope handles were faithfully modelled in clay.

Personnally I don't think that's what this is in this case - it looks far too realistic, I think a company scanned a wooden one and just use that as one of it's output options.

If you are going to deliberately design a wood effect, why not just make it look like whole staves of wood, or planks or something.

This is like an even cheaper knockoff copy... of a cheap knockoff copy.

Back