• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to UK Workshop and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

SOLD: Meddings Driltru Mark III Bench Pillar Drill For Sale

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Barto

👍
Reaction score
Unfortunately I need a floor rather than a bench pillar drill which means I need to sell this bad boy. It's a great shame because I love it. It was built in '74 and is in great condition for its age. As you can see in the photos it's been repainted at some point.

The original on/off dial was broken when I bought it so I replaced it with an on/off switch I had lying around but swapping that to a proper no volt switch is easy and relatively cheap. Meddings quoted me something like £200 for their own replacement but they can be had elsewhere for about £20.

Otherwise everything else works well. There is no play in the chuck and it drills accurately. It runs off a 13amp socket.

I have some literature from Meddings (parts list and exploded diagram; product leaflet for the mk. II) which I will email to the buyer. Meddings have the serial number listed as a mk. II but it says mk. III on the drill so... who knows.

Collection from Andover, Hampshire is preferred or I can deliver within reason if fuel is covered!

Looking for £250 ono.

kmPq4rh.jpg

PLqHkod.jpg

tGddzkn.jpg

JbNdOSz.jpg

cnSfHOo.jpg

Hi Elbarto, I have recently acquired a similar model Driltru for my lad and have been hunting for manuals etc without luck.

Are you able to post the docs you have - parts list and exploded diagram; product leaflet for the mk. II which would be very helpful.

Thanks

sp1000":bthfuyl9 said:
Hi Elbarto, I have recently acquired a similar model Driltru for my lad and have been hunting for manuals etc without luck.

Are you able to post the docs you have - parts list and exploded diagram; product leaflet for the mk. II which would be very helpful.

Thanks

I’ve sent you a PM

sp1000":2p2jhsd7 said:

Thanks

Phone Meddings up. They are great and used to people asking for this info. You'll need the serial number from the drill to get a year and they will send you a parts diagram etc by email.
They also sell some parts for older drills but only some are listed on the website. Common ones like retrn springs. They hold stock of other parts but not a lot and don't advertise it. If you're stuck for a part and can't find it cheaper, get the parts diagrams. get the part number and again, give them a bell. They really are nice people working for a proper firm.

Back