Who bought the ebay pyrography kit?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

graduate_owner

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi all,
Some while back a forum member posted about having bought a pyrography kit from ebay ( I think they said) for about £50. I was wondering if that person has had a chance to evaluate it yet and if so, what is the verdict?
At that price it represents a significant saving over an Axminster or Peter Child version, but is it any good?

K

Its all about power.
a cheap pyrography set is just a low powered soldering iron with interchangeable tips.
Low power means you get to carve an inch line, and wait for the iron to come back up to temp before you carve the next inch of the line.
Watching paint dry is a much more exciting hobby.
I have a friend with the peter childs kit. I've used it. Its on my wish list. You can keep going almost like its a real pen.
Dont waste your money on anything less in my opinion.

sunnybob":2umq9wkj said:
Its all about power.
a cheap pyrography set is just a low powered soldering iron with interchangeable tips.
Low power means you get to carve an inch line, and wait for the iron to come back up to temp before you carve the next inch of the line.
Watching paint dry is a much more exciting hobby.
I have a friend with the peter childs kit. I've used it. Its on my wish list. You can keep going almost like its a real pen.
Dont waste your money on anything less in my opinion.

Sorry but not true for the one referenced. It is a hot wire rather than solid tip machine so similar in many aspects to the PC device.

Back