Sanding block

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geoff_S

Established Member
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend where I can get good quality blocks like this? I did order some on the internet but they were absolute rubbish. They
wore out/fell apart after no time at all.

The one in the picture is still going (sort of) but It is old and I have completely forgotten where I got it from.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1223.jpg
    IMG_1223.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 88
Forgive me. I've never bought a sanding block in my life. What would be the problem with just shaping something like this out of an off-cut, if that's the shape you want?

I got som 3M ones from Homebase and they are very good, have lasted a long time.

Don't get the cheaper brand they sell, they fall apart if you put them too close to a piece of wood.

My local store was also selling cork blocks for 50p too.

MikeG.":2ew5fnif said:
Forgive me. I've never bought a sanding block in my life. What would be the problem with just shaping something like this out of an off-cut, if that's the shape you want?

I do that as well, but these are a semi-rigid foam that allows a bit of flexibility when getting into grooves and the like.

Attachments

• IMG_1224.jpg
    IMG_1224.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 54
Geordie Joe":3kg570e5 said:
I got som 3M ones from Homebase and they are very good, have lasted a long time.

Don't get the cheaper brand they sell, they fall apart if you put them too close to a piece of wood.

My local store was also selling cork blocks for 50p too.

3M, that's it, I remember now. Ta :D

Back