Notes on Davies Timber (Wythall, Worcs)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Newbie_Neil

Established Member
Reaction score
I am putting together a table of timber yards, with information from members who have actually visited the yards. Can you PLEASE HELP with information about Davies Timber (Wythall, Worcestershire) for timber/blanks?

(To VIEW the full list of yards click here)

(To ADD a new yard/s please post here after checking that it is not already in the table.)

Are they hobby friendly?

Can you self-select or is it by appointment?

Will they deliver?

Do they have online ordering?

Are prices displayed at the yard?

Do they sell domestic hardwoods?

Do they sell other hardwoods?

Do they sell softwoods?

Do they sell manufactured boards?

Do they sell turning blanks?

Are they a one-man-band or a small, medium or large yard?

Will they cut to length to fit in your vehicle?

Do you have any comments?

Thanks for your help,
Neil

Are they hobby friendly? Yes, if you take some time to 'chat up' the lads who do the picking

Can you self-select or is it by appointment? Appointment for custom sizes, self-select for hardwood offcuts or standard dimensioned softwood

Will they deliver? Yes

Do they have online ordering? Yes

Are prices displayed at the yard? No - but can be given by pay desk

Do they sell domestic hardwoods? Some

Do they sell other hardwoods? Some

Do they sell softwoods? Yes

Do they sell manufactured boards? Yes

Do they sell turning blanks? No

Are they a one-man-band or a small, medium or large yard? Medium

Will they cut to length to fit in your vehicle? Yes

Do you have any comments? Custom hardwood sizes must be ordered and paid for in advance, but offcuts, softwood and sheets can all be bought just by turning up. Being friendly with the lads who take you to the timber areas for picking can yield good results. Yard has a shop with extensive range of screws, fixings and basic tools.

Agree with everything NickN says.

I Have bought hardwood, softwood and sheet materials from Davies half a dozen times and not had any issues. Lads have been very helpful.

Being only about 1/2 mile from me i have used them a fair amount for sheet goods and treated timber, bought my decking timber from them told them what size decking i wanted and they calculated all the stuff i needed, was delivered 2 days later. and had very small amount of left over once completed.

Haven't bought any hardwood from them as still going through the pile i have from Chrispy :). I only make very small stuff. Or very big like decking and greenhouse lol.

Friendly staff at the counter and in the yard.

Oli

Back