Startrite DS 275 Saw Help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deema

Established Member
Reaction score
I’m helping a friend restore a Startrite Saw that he’s recently bought. We are missing the brackets that connect the sliding table arm to the table. These will hopefully be easy to make and I would appreciate it if someone could possible measure the size of them for me? Doesn’t need to be terribly accurate a ruler measurement would suffice.
I’m looking for dimensions

X length of the block
Y width of the block
Z height of the block
L length of the threaded stud
N height of the nut, I think it might be a shortened nut.
D diameter of the threaded stud.

Really appreciate your help

36499A6E-FCC3-4D29-9BAB-A03BA5CDA29A.jpeg

Attachments

• 36499A6E-FCC3-4D29-9BAB-A03BA5CDA29A.jpeg
    36499A6E-FCC3-4D29-9BAB-A03BA5CDA29A.jpeg
    33.6 KB · Views: 185
Please, it’s Christmas, would someone help out? Any help would be really appreciated.

Which saw is it? From the sofa I don't recognise the part, do you have a wider diagram or photo of where the part is located?

I have a 351E, if the part exists on my saw I can measure it tomorrow.

No help with measurements sorry but if you're looking to make the parts as circled then to a large extent you can make them to suit yourself/metal/bolts.
Unless it's to fit inside another component the size of X, Y and Z doesn't matter.
Make L long enough so that you've plenty of adjustment available, trim off later if stupidly long.
N doesn't matter.
D has got to fit in hole that is present.

Sorry if my understanding is way off the mark but if you've got all the other parts just make anything to fit, I doubt you even need the block for early trials.

Hope someone comes up with figures for you. :roll:

Thanks for the replies, I really feel dumb for not stating the model! It’s a DS275. Machine spares list the part but don’t have any.....and the price is more than he paid for the Saw!

I thought I had the DS275....
The ALT spares manual says so.

I don't recognise what part that is
Is this defiantly the saw ?

Tom

Attachments

• SAM_1287.JPG
    SAM_1287.JPG
    193.2 KB · Views: 86
That’s the Saw, I think there are two versions of the Saw, one with the sliding table bar that screws / fixes directly into the main fence bars which looking at the photo is the one that you have. There is another, which has two brackets attached to enable the sliding table bar to be adjusted in two planes. I used to have one of these saws with this arrangement for a number of years, there great saws.

I think that your version has a sliding table that uses all cast iron c sliders. The other version has roller bearings. I could be wrong!!

For anyone with a similar part to make, they are 20mm square and 30mm long. The official part has the threaded section turned out of the blank. However, a M16 bolt / treaded bar works just as well, with a 14mm hole drilled and blind tapped to M16. If you need to buy a tap it’s still a far cheaper option than buying the original parts.

It’s definitely a DS275, I have a copy of the manual. I used to have one of these saws and it also had the identical arrangement for the mounting of the sliding table rail.

Back