Upcycling a knackered saw blade

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColeyS1

Established Member
Reaction score
I acquired a load of old saw blades and have been trying to find a use for them.
Fed up with having the workshop look like a tip I thought I'd try tidying it up a little.

f501eb58d2ba5c2cbefcb7218da29080.jpg

1d3eba246182d372ff85600bb76b9493.jpg

56e684052cccec4d388b5fb2bd6569c0.jpg

You can never have too many shelves. The oak was chucked out by a skip so I asked the builder if I could buy it from him-he gave it to me, so that was a pleasant surprise. I fixed the shelf with concealed brackets, then grooved the saw blades in the bottom and secured with stixall. I drilled holes right through the wall and have got some beefy 6 x 140 pulling the shelf back to the wall.
I might make one for home. It'll be alright so longs I don't trip over after a few beers and slice my head open lol.

Coley

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Looks OK and the timber was a nice score, but I couldn't do it. I don't own anything that I haven't found a way to bang my head on at least once, regardless of how difficult to reach.

phil.p":2jcx575g said:
They'd be safer with the teeth running downwards.
Tis true. I always chuck my apron down and thought I could hang it on the teeth instead.
c36ccc02497388c32ffd78d6b8c8bb79.jpg

I think I'd have to try quite hard to bop my noggin on it.

You could add a wooden or even clear acrylic piece just slightly larger than the bit of saw blade to make these much safer in a home situation. I like the look though.

I'd like to order 20 shelves for the mother in law please Coley. It's all about percentages.

Rorschach":1tuoqeaq said:
You could add a wooden or even clear acrylic piece just slightly larger than the bit of saw blade to make these much safer in a home situation. I like the look though.
That's a really good idea. I'll have a look later and see if I can find a need for one at home.
Cheers
Coley

Bm101":39ia9i5p said:
I'd like to order 20 shelves for the mother in law please Coley. It's all about percentages.
Ha ha lol. Chuck a few marbles on the floor as well to make it a bit more interesting !

Really like the sawblade coley, going to keep an eye out for a similar sized one so I can have a go!

Geoff_S":3ius3xx1 said:
But what are you going to use to cut your quarter sawn oak now?
Suppose it'll have to be the chainsaw lol

TFrench":rc2gomet said:
Really like the sawblade coley, going to keep an eye out for a similar sized one so I can have a go!
Make sure you post some pictures if you do manage to find/make one [WINKING FACE]

Latest posts

Back