opinions required

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunnybob

wysiwyg
Reaction score
I'm having a Mr Grumpy moment (according to 'er indoors).
Just watched a Tipping point show.

Question; how many kings of England have used the reginal name Edward?

Answer; I dont think Edward the eighth was crowned, so i'm going to say eight.

Result? CORRECT.

WTF?

If edward the eighth was not crowned then he was NOT a king, so the answer should be seven.

Yes?

You're still the monarch (as he was when his father died). The coronation is just to put the bling on.

Damn, I hate it when she's right.

Luckily she doesnt read this forum and I'm not telling her.

Male? oh yes, the term wasp is not unfamiliar to me, and no, I have never had a feminine side ('er indoors is right about that as well).

Teroo... to be fair, the question did define edwards since 1200 and something

it was a dark and rainy night, I was sat at my desk with my feet up searching for my soul in the bottom of a glass, the door to my office was opened by a dame, she had legs that went all the way up and her face was dark beneath the brim of a rain hat......................................

:)

Rorschach":3t2mj5xc said:
You don't need a coronation to be King. He became King the moment his father died.
History would suggest that the line of succession depends more on who and wot army, that comes to 'ave a go coz they fink they're 'ard enuff...!!

Tasky":2kx3a5fs said:
Rorschach":2kx3a5fs said:
You don't need a coronation to be King. He became King the moment his father died.
History would suggest that the line of succession depends more on who and wot army, that comes to 'ave a go coz they fink they're 'ard enuff...!!

Very true, but he was referring specifically to Edward VIII

Back