What can you tell me about an INTEL pc stick please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

devonwoody

Established Member
Reaction score
I was in our local library this morning and got chatting to a fellow and on to computers.

He said he had got an intel PC stick (they can be as low as £40) which he pulled out of his pocket and states you plug it into the back of a PC and they increase the speed and higher memory Ram and all things.

Does anyone here know about this gadget or can give me a link that explains what it is all about?
( I have been considering buying a new PC but got the impression I would not need to do so with the gadget)

I wrote an error, it is plugged into the back of a monitor or TV, (that makes it a cheap comuputer at £40 !!!!!

devonwoody":2mzv5gb2 said:
I was in our local library this morning and got chatting to a fellow and on to computers.

He said he had got an intel PC stick (they can be as low as £40) which he pulled out of his pocket and states you plug it into the back of a PC and they increase the speed and higher memory Ram and all things.

Does anyone here know about this gadget or can give me a link that explains what it is all about?
( I have been considering buying a new PC but got the impression I would not need to do so with the gadget)

It's basically the 'tower' part of a desktop computer scaled down into something much much smaller. You don't use it in conjunction with an existing PC, so it doesn't 'increase the speed and higher memory Ram and all things'. You plug it into a monitor or TV, supply it with a power cable from a mains point, and then interact with it through a wireless keyboard/mouse.

Not sure I see the benefit of it myself.

https://www.intel.co.uk/content/www/uk/ ... video.html

I suppose it's OK for folk who surf, email, skype of no relatively basic stuff which may well be the majority.

It's probably running an embedded version of windows so no disk drive. Reminds me of those "boxes" you'd see on the back of monitors at various place. I've seen them at the Doctors, dentists and a few other places.

452-BCQC.jpg

Embedded windows, small flash drive. Downside being you couldn't store much on them and they didn't get Windows updates (whether that's good or bad). Not unless you knew a techie who could reflash it.

Be interesting to see the uptake.

Dibs

devonwoody":2bjqz0qd said:

Just goes to show how much rubbish is spouted by some people about IT.

Back