T-Shirts

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Saltrock tshirts are very good and pretty cheap. Levi's for jeans. Once you know what size you need you never need set foot a shop again.

transatlantic":2a8q2qyg said:
TFrench":2a8q2qyg said:
Once you know what size you need you never need set foot a shop again.

I have not found that to be the case!

Stop eating all the pies then Transatlantic :p

But I now what you mean, I seem to go up a size every few years :(

+1 Fruit of The Loom

OP: I was reccommended their T-Shirts a couple of years ago for similar reasons, e.g. decent material weight. Tried one, then bought about 10 (one of each colour available). Great price for the quality. They seem hard wearing and still look good now, haven't noticed the colour or shape change much. I'm surprised that more people don't know about them.

Yetty":1rsbpc1g said:
+1 Fruit of The Loom

OP: I was reccommended their T-Shirts a couple of years ago for similar reasons, e.g. decent material weight. Tried one, then bought about 10 (one of each colour available). Great price for the quality. They seem hard wearing and still look good now, haven't noticed the colour or shape change much. I'm surprised that more people don't know about them.

Thanks. They seem ridiculously cheap though? cheaper than the ones I'm complaining about!? :p

I will order a few though and see how it goes :)

This thread prompted me to order some new T's, as many of mine are very sorry indeed. So I ordered 5 from Fruit of the Loom and they arrived today. Not worn them yet, let alone washed them, but on first sight, pretty good. Maybe not as good as Lands End used to be, but as good as they are now, that's my first impression. And a fraction of the price. So thanks for the heads up.
S

It might be for the oldies and not my cup of tea but M&S do some good stuff bought a nice suit from there today as I have a do tomorrow, might be worth a look.

Mark A said:
I'm having the same trouble with trousers. The current trend for skinny everything trouser-related may be fine for blokes with weedy legs, but otherwise they look slightly ridiculous.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk[/quot

Suitable only for the prepubecent or androgynous.

Update.
I've worn and washed my FOTL T-shirts.
They still look good and feel good, but they are not the same size as my Lands End ones.
I don't think it's that they have shrunk a lot, though they might have a bit, but now they most certainly are not as commodious as my Lands End ones.
I might well buy more, but if I do I'll order a size up.

I'm still wearing some of mine with unit insignia embroidered on ansd the oldest is over 15 years old. is looking a bit tatty mind you but then it's worn in the workshop and has lots of glue and stain on it :) But have to say still has its original shape

Maine t-shirts from Debenhams are good. I have three striped t-shirts which are about twenty years old and, although the colours have faded a little, are still in good shape and they still fit me :D . I don't know about the cheaper plain coloured shirts.

I know I'm a bit late, but I've just bought some very good quality thermal T-shirts from Aldi, at £3:99 each. True thermal, with the fluffy side OUT. Sizes up to XXL.

Limey Lurker":2u2yxdrc said:
I know I'm a bit late, but I've just bought some very good quality thermal T-shirts from Aldi, at £3:99 each. True thermal, with the fluffy side OUT. Sizes up to XXL.

Aldi says:

" this T-shirt is perfect for wearing under jumpers, jackets or even under another T-shirt - whatever keeps you warm and comfortable."

I'd call that a vest. :?

Latest posts

Back